I love this quote by Kurt Vonnegut:
To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow.
So do it.
But what to sketch?
Well, it’s winter in Australia, and it’s the little things I love:
- Hot chocolate in your favourite mug
- Pumpkin soup with a swirl of sour crem and a sprinkle of chives (it’s the colour combo that does it for me)
- Your winter ‘leave-the-house’ outfit (I don’t know about you, but every season I struggle to remember what I should be wearing!)
- The pile of washing because it hasn’t stopped raining for weeks and you’re waiting for a clear day (or is that just me?)
And for my northern hemisphere friends, things are warming up! Time to get outside!
Here are some drawing ideas for you:
- Fun, summer drinks (complete with umbrellas)
- Stacks of beach towels and togs
- Bright garden blooms
- Any kid that will sit still, or
- Any sleeping animal.