If, like me, you feel like the months just slip away… may I suggest something?
One thing that helps me mark time, and acknowledge I am achieving something each month, and in turn this year, is doing my Shiny Happy Art Club paintings.
I know I have to do them – for my members and because of my committment to the Club. It’s my little business, and it is my job after all. I schedule them in.
But here we are. It’s month 53 and my collection of Club paintings continues to grow, marking productive time, learning and improving art skills. It feels GOOD. I have my favourites, and you know what? I learned something from every single one.
I hope you’ll grow from this latest Paint Along, ‘The Flower Hat’.
What’s it all about?
But when you happily put your Learner’s Hat on and paint The Flower Hat with me, there’s plenty to learn and enjoy along the way.
I hope you enjoy:
- the feeling of mapping out the shapes in preparation,
- smudging your brush around with the background colours,
- adding the curves that give the hat dimension,
- layering tones to give the hair depth,
- adding wonky but rhythmic lines to the shirt, and
- adding your signature with pride – pride in the learning you’ve just enjoyed because you have given yourself that gift.