Hey! Come to Norfolk Island with me!
Check your calendar – we’ll be there 10 – 17 October 2017.
We’ll be sketching and painting our way around the island… we might even start at the airport!
I am so looking forward to not rushing, drawing with people who are happy to draw too, taking our time (did I mention not rushing?), having fun and learning as we go.
And I’ll make sure everything we do is just fine for beginners, as well as for the more experienced drawer or painter.
If you’re just starting out, you will be able to follow along with what I do… just like an outdoor Paint Along, really!
If you are a more confident artist, I’ll make sure you are able to use the techniques I mention, alongside your own style, to expand your knowledge and experiences.
Why Norfolk? Because everything is so accessible! We’ll be covering a lot of locations with the guidance and advice of a local artist. We’ll get to try our hand at landscapes, seascapes, rocky sea shores, trees and interesting old buildings.
We’ll be sketching, painting, journalling and, as an added bonus, I’ll show you how I make my own glossy printed postcards – and you can make some too!
As we’ll be using both watercolours and acrylics I’ve put together a complete supplies list – but it’s definitely flexible. You’re welcome to chat with me before you go out and ‘buy everything’.
Rest assured, there’s plenty of time for a relaxing holiday too. Here’s what’s included:
- Return economy class ‘seat & bag’ airfare ex Brisbane to Norfolk Island
- Meet & greet at the Norfolk Island Airport
- Return airport transfers on Norfolk Island
- Seven night’s accommodation (self-contained unit)
- Seven days car hire per unit
- 5 x half day painting tuition at various beautiful locations on Norfolk Island
- Meet & greet Welcome Dinner at Hilli Restaurant
- Dinner at Dino’s Restaurant
- Entry to Fletcher’s Mutiny Cyclorama
- Half Day Island Tour
- Meet a local Artist and visit their family goat farm
- Farewell Dinner at Castaway Hotel Restaurant
- Complimentary Mini Golf & A Walk in the Wild rainforest walk
- Bonus Norfolk Island discount shopping card
There are plenty of optional activities (historic tours, themed shows, etc) as well. You can have a bedroom to yourself or twin share if you like. Non painting partners or friends are also very welcome.
Maria at the Norfolk Island Travel Centre is taking all the bookings, so if you are keen please feel free to enquire here now.
I am so looking forward to this Art Holiday. We’re going to have a seriously creative time together.
Please feel free to share this info with anyone else you think might be interested. I really appreciate it.
Thanks again! And I hope to see you on Norfolk (or at the airport if you’ll be flying from Brissie, like me!).
PS. Two more photos of beautiful Norfolk, to whet your appetite for art 🙂 Would love to see you there.